Meeting demand amidst industry change
Across today’s healthcare landscape, medical needs are evolving while budgets are shrinking.
Increasingly, healthcare organizations are expected to balance both patient and organizational needs. The common thread shared between the two is the desire for improved medical outcomes. With the sudden influx of new technologies into the healthcare space, a clear connection to medical impact is more important than ever. The question then arises, how can laboratories contribute to these efforts while also pushing the boundaries of laboratory medicine?
Connecting medical value to the laboratory
Up to 85% of clinical decisions come from laboratory results. Additionally, laboratory data typically comprises 70% of a patient’s medical record. Despite this heavy reliance, laboratories only receive about 2-3% of all healthcare spending.1,2
Medical roles within the laboratory serve as the connecting link between clinicians and those performing tests. As the party responsible for ensuring high-quality clinical service, delivering precise and accurate results is a top priority to enable clinicians to give patients the best chance for optimal outcomes.
In addition to controlling the quality of results, medical directors often proactively support preventative care measures. Keeping up with guidelines and maintaining stakeholder engagement is a significant undertaking, but one that is essential for internal and external reputation management. As demands increase on both fronts, so does the need for a sustainable solution.
Ease the pressure with absolute automation
Automating complex and repetitive processes is a well-established strategy for increasing output without adding manpower. With the Molecular Work Area, absolute automation takes this strategy to new heights. The high-throughput cobas® 6800/8800 Systems require minimal hands-on time and have a comprehensive testing menu that will meet the current and future needs of your laboratory. Additional efficiencies can be realized with a suite of pre- and post-analytical instruments and state-of-the-art data solutions.
Optimized sample processing
A leading commercial laboratory group scaled up and transformed their molecular testing operations, allowing them to reliably test more patient samples faster.3
Enabling improved patient care
Guidelines are in place recommending reflexing HCV Ab-positive samples to confirmatory PCR testing. Roche is the only company offering a total solution capable of automating single-specimen reflex testing workflow.
An initiative is underway in the U.S. to automatically reflex test HCV Ab-positive samples with PCR. Single-specimen reflex-testing led to more patients having viremia confirmed and decreased loss to follow-up.4
Take charge of your laboratory’s future
The Molecular Work Area gives the right information to the right people to make the right decisions at the right time.
- End-to-end automation optimizes laboratory resources, drives more predictable turnaround times, and limits opportunities for human error
- The broad testing menu streamlines laboratory instrumentation while empowering medical directors to choose the right tests
- Advanced data capabilities can generate actionable insights that inform more meaningful outcomes
Start your transformation. Building a better tomorrow begins today.
- Clinical Lab Products. The Value of Diagnostics. clpmag.com/2016/03/value-diagnostics/. Accessed December 20, 2019.
- Clinical Lab Navigator. Value of the Hospital Clinical Laboratory. http://www.clinlabnavigator.com/value-of-the-hospital-clinical-laboratory.html. Accessed December 20, 2019.
- Data on file with Roche.
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases. EASL: https://www.journal-of-hepatology.eu/article/S0168-8278(18)31968-8/fulltext. Accessed December 20, 2019.
Invest in your future
How can you quantify the tangible and intangible economic benefits of implementing a Roche Solution? Our team of expert consultants can help you determine the best approach for your unique needs.