Experience higher throughput and maximum work-away time
cobas®5800 , cobas® 6800 and cobas®8800 put proven performance, absolute automation, unmatched flexibility and complete connectivity at your fingertips. These systems are designed to be readily integrated into laboratory workflow, including pre- and post-analytical solutions. Together, they are transforming molecular testing.
"We have more flexibility to perform different tests… at the same time, within only 3 hours – Large Molecular Laboratory in Latin America
Proven performance with trusted and reproducible results
The Molecular Work Area is in operation across five continents, delivering consolidated testing, increased efficiency and up to 10 million trusted, reproducible results every month.
Studies* have confirmed that for all Roche molecular assays and platforms, 'a result is a result'.1-4 Enjoy a seamless and fast transition to cobas® 5800/6800/8800 Systems and bring unrivalled efficiency to your lab and your customers.
*Studies were implemented under real world conditions outside of Roche laboratories, at 8 collaborative sites worldwide, including Europe, Africa and Australia, confirming high precision, accuracy and traceability of results according to WHO standards for all Roche platforms and assays: High Pure System, COBAS® TaqMan® 48 Analyzer, COBAS® AmpliPrep/COBAS® TaqMan® System, cobas® 4800/5800/6800/8800 Systems.
Absolute automation increases efficiency and productivity
Improve operations with cobas® 5800/6800/8800 Systems and achieve fast time to results with the highest throughput and the longest work-away time—up to eight hours with cobas® 6800 System and up to 4 hours on cobas® 5800 and 8800 Systems.** Automation gives you the freedom of only 2 manual interactions: load samples, consumables and reagents, then empty waste and release results.
- Ready-to-use reagents require no thawing, mixing or pouring
- Full sample traceability via radio-frequency identification (RFID) and barcodes
- Intuitive interactions and low hands-on time minimize human error
**May vary based on workflow demands.
“The conversion to the cobas® 8800 Systems could not have come at a better time with our difficulty in maintaining our staffing levels... we’re not sure how we managed before.” – Large Molecular Laboratory in Latin America
Unmatched flexibility helps meet your changing demands
The Molecular Work Area is designed to meet your specific laboratory needs, today and in the future. The broad assay menu of the cobas® 5800/6800/8800 Systems makes consolidating testing easier than ever before.
- Perform up to six tests in the same run with no pre-sorting required
- Process up to three different tests from a single patient sample
- Handle urgent samples quickly and easily with a dedicated priority lane
Expand the broad testing menu with the cobas omni Utility Channel. Adding other assays to this open channel brings the overall workflow efficiencies of IVD tests to other test types, further elevating the value your lab delivers.
Complete connectivity is only available from Roche
Our data connectivity solution, cobas® infinity laboratory solution, links all systems in your laboratory. Full traceability and transparency provide you with real-time insights into your workflows and processes.
"The cobas® 6800/8800 System is completely autonomous, easy to operate, fast, safe and sensitive." – Large Molecular Laboratory in Latin America
Transform your organization
Learn how to put long-term sustainability within reach, no matter your lab’s size or discipline. Laboratory leaders have identified the ideal process for labs looking to implement transformation initiatives.
Invest in your future
How can you quantify the tangible and intangible economic benefits of implementing a Roche solution? Our team of expert consultants can help you determine the best approach for your unique needs.
- Vermehren J, Stelzl E, Maasoumy B, et al. Multicenter Comparison Study of both Analytical and Clinical Performance across Four Roche Hepatitis C Virus RNA Assays Utilizing Different Platforms. J Clin Microbiol. 2017;55(4):1131-1139.
- Maasoumy B, Bremer B, Lehmann P, et al. Commutability and concordance of four hepatitis B virus DNA assays in an international multicenter study. Therap Adv Gastroenterol. 2017;10(8):609-618.
- Adams P, Vancutsem E, Nicolaizeau C, et al. Multicenter evaluation of the cobas® HIV-1 quantitative nucleic acid test for use on the cobas® 4800 system for the quantification of HIV-1 plasma viral load. J Clin Virol. 2019;114;43-49.
- Data on file from Roche.
Sign up for exclusive insights
Today’s labs face some notable challenges. Get in-depth healthcare analyses, customer cases and more to see how you can turn these obstacles into opportunities.
Please do not use this form to report complaints or adverse events or to ask any questions regarding medical products. To report a complaint or adverse event, please contact the Roche Local Safety Unit for your country Contact details for Roche Local Safety Units.